Thursday, October 8, 2009

HW 11 : Self Experiment 1

Since i read in an article that cellphone use at night causes disturbance in sleep , depression and lack of attention in teenagers, oh yeah and it disturbs the deepest stage of sleep which is the stage when your body recovers from the stresses of the day. so i decided, for my experiment, to turn off my cellphone at 7 p.m , do my homework and then go to bed (with my phone placed on the other end of the room). For a good few months now, ive been having bad sleeping patterns. I go to sleep in the middle of texting without noticing and then wake up in the middle of the night , check my phone , and then fall asleep again. Also for the past few weeks ive been having a background headache. When i did My experiment last night i realized that i didnt wake up in the middle of the night , i had slept the whole night through. Although i still woke up tired , as the day went by i also noticed that i didnt have a headache anymore. Its crazy to think of the difference it made to go striaght to sleep instead of texting all night. Then i wondered, if they have all these studies that prove how bad the radiations from cellphone devices are dangerous then why ha vent they band them or found ways to improve cellphones from using up so much watts. Instead all you see is cellphones becoming fancier and shit with all of these apps that take up more energy and have your cellphone dying in the middle of the damn day. I think im going to fit in my daily routine to stop using my cellphone at 8 so i can go to bed and have a good nights rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment